Thursday, September 20, 2012

new san-x characters - Toromi, Nyanpuku, Sumikkogurashi

For those of you who don't know yet, San-x is releasing a few new characters! And let me tell you, they're really kawaii! I'm so excited for their merchandise to be officially released so that I can spend all my money on these little babies!

I think the last new character that was introduced was that chocolate eating bear, Chocopa, who I'm not a fan of. Before that was Piggy Girl, who I didn't really like either, except for this one plush of her that I had to buy because she looked really cute holding her mouse friend. I'll have to take a picture of that soon...

Without further ado, here are the 3 newest kawaii additions to the San-x family!


Toromi the French Bulldog Puppy!

Isn't he fantastic? Almost cuter than Obi (close but not quite). I almost died when I saw this little guy pop up as an upcoming character. Ok, I haven't really told anyone this, but I have a secret love affair with French bulldogs and pugs, they're so funny looking, it's CUTE! Yup, he's on my wishlist x 100.


Obi, transformed into a white French bulldog. I also renamed him Toromi.

I can definitely imagine this character having a lot of personality, playful and probably more than a little mischievous. Maybe it's because I'm such a dog person and I can definitely attest to dogs each having their own personality, or maybe it's because I'm totally smitten by my own dog, Obi, and I'm projecting his character into this animated rascal, who knows.

All I know is, I'm buying a plush of Toromi and probably some other items too! I have my heart set on the smaller plush and probably a memo pad but I'm not sure if I should get a pencil case or makeup pouch. Maybe both, treat myself ;).


If they sold Toromi's siblings' merchandise, I'd buy them too.


Here are the pictures of the merchandise of Toromi that San-x has lined up for release. These items are supposed to be released in October which means that they're probably going to be available on this side of the world in November.


Stationary Items.


Pouches.


And of course, the plush!



Plush keychain, ID holder and coin purse.


Next is another household pet but one that I'm not crazy about at all, a cat. But I like this cat! His name's Nyanpuku and he's a fat Maneki-neko looking cat. Maneki-neko are also known as the beckoning cat since they're supposed to bring good fortune for shop owners. I bought one for my kawaii business and one for my personal life which I mentioned in this post.


Nyanpuku, the cat king of lard.

I'm not sure if he's actually an animated Maneki-neko or just a cat that looks like a Maneki-neko. Either way, since he's so huge, he's probably a lot of good luck! Look at him, he's almost perfectly spherical!




Probably a comic about how he's so fat and round.



Apparently, there's an angel cat and a pirate cat too.

Onward with the merchandise!






Awww, so adorable!





Like with Toromi, I've decided that I'm going to get the plush and the memo pad. But I'm going to get the smaller plush because I think it looks better than the large one, it's more spherical and cute. I also love the heart on its butt.

And last, but definitely not least, is a bunch of characters called Sumikkogurashi. They are a group of dejected looking little animals made up of a polar bear, platypus (I think), a cat and a fried pork cutlet. Yes, a fried pork cutlet.


I know right?


Sumikkogurashi

Here's are the Sumikkogurashi, all stacked up onto each other. I don't know what are the two smaller ones, they look like beans but I don't think that's what they are. But then again, if they made a pork cutlet, beans are entirely possible too. Guess which one is the fried pork.


Small Sumikkogurashi plush.


Bigger plush. The pork is the second from the right.


Must have tote.















They're all cute but I don't like the pork cutlet too much (even if it is a kawaii pork cutlet). The platypus (or kappa, it just hit me that it could be a kappa) and the polar bear are the two cutest ones. I wonder what's the story behind Sumikkogurashi, if anyone knows, don't hesitate to tell me!

Surprisingly, I don't think I'm going to buy the plushes from this collection but I will be buying items that I don't normally buy for kawaii characters such as memos, pencils and stickers. Definitely a pencil case, makeup pouch or wallet though, I love the designs on them. But all this is still up in the air, so when it comes to finally making the purchase, I can easily just change my mind and end up buying the plushes.

The whole time I've been trying to make this post, Obi has been glued to me and his face was on on my keyboard, making my progress super slow. But because he's so damn cute and loveable, I didn't have the heart to push him off me.


Like my super cool pink doggy PJ pants?

It's a good thing I started working again because I'm going to be spending all my money on these San-x goodies. Screw clothes and CMA school, I'm going to stockpile my future with kawaii!

So kawaii lovers, which character is your favourite? Are you going to be buying anything?


All pictures were taken from the official San-x website.

0 comments: