Saturday, August 27, 2011

Virginia Beach is for lovers

I'm back from vacation (#2)! We went to Virginia Beach, which is somewhere that we go almost every year, although the last time we went was two years ago. Last year, we went to Florida.


That's the view from our hotel, we spend 4 days there and our days consisted of going to the beach, eating, and shopping. On our second last day, we went crabbing.


We caught lots of crabs, the most in a really long time. Everytime we pulled one of our nets up, there'd be at least a crab in it. And we would pull up our nets once every few minutes.


We also caught other things.




After our days in Virginia Beach, we packed up and headed to Williamsburg so that we can go to Busch Gardens and Water Country USA. Busch Gardens had a something called Illuminights which pretty means that they put lights everywhere so that the park would look really pretty after the sun went down.




The park is organized into different countries and it was voted as the world's most beautiful theme park.



In Germany, we bought a handmade German cuckoo clock. I don't think it's in this picture but it's so cute! We love it and the bird comes out every half hour. It cuckoos whatever the time is on the hour and once every half hour.



We took a break during the day and replenished ourselves in Germany. We ate in their huge and colourful dinning hall. It made me thing of Hogwarts because of how big and spacious it was and because of the long tables and benches.



At certain times during the day, staff members would come out in costume to dance and sing in German in the middle of the stage. It was cute but nothing special.

We sustained ourselves with desserts! The cupcake was almost the same price as the huge slice of Black Forest cake -_-




Now, while I was on vacation, I had acquired the following plushies!


I had my eye on the two rilakkumas for the longest time but didn't want to pay the same price for both of them for shipping so I waited until we went on vacation in the States. Korilakkuma is a birthday gift from my sister..back in April. The monkey, ugly doll and HK were gifts from my parents. My dad won the monkey for me at a crane game. The Japanese panda I bought at Busch Gardens because it's so DAMN CUTE! Look at those eyes!



Those little ones were in my mailbox when I got home from vacay. Now, I need to save up and stop spending money on kawaii things.



0 comments: