Monday, July 29, 2013

kawaii presents from florence

Oh wow, so many things happened in the two weeks! We lost power on Wednesday from 5 PM until 11 something (I went to bed at 9:30 PM) and lost power again on Thursday from 3 PM to 8:30 PM (thankfully, I was out and the power had returned just when I got home). I got food poisoning since Friday morning and I'm still trying to fight off the illness. The only good thing about is I'm losing weight and I took a day and a half off work.

I also apologize profusely for my lack of posts, as I mentioned, I wasn't motivated to blog and I've been playing Animal Crossing like CRAZY! I am on a MISSION MAKE MY TOWN UBER AMAZING! This includes constantly weeding out undesirable villagers, especially now I have learned a trick to get the villager you want in the location you want them in! It takes a lot of patience and diligence though.

Anyway, for those of you who liked my FB page (go do it now if you haven't), you'll remember (maybe?) that I posted about some kawaii goodies Flo bought me from Japan. Well, I finally decided to get off my butt and make a post about it.

Behold....

Japan Presents from Flo!
Flo went on an awesome Asia trip back in May and one of the countries she visited was Japan. Obviously, I harassed her into bringing some things back for me. She kindly went to Kiddyland in Harakuju and picked up some items from my wishlist (without telling me to f-off and that she was not my personal shopper).

Rilakkuma Kiddyland Bag

She was even kind enough to give me the Rilakkuma bag, I find it's a nice little bonus after you've bought all your kawaii and you get to put it all in a kawaii bag. I still have mine from when I went to Kiddyland  (‘∀’●)♡

Sumikko Gurashi Polar Bear Plush Strap

Uuuuuuuuuuugh, it's so cute! And squishy! So thrilled that she got this for me. I'm going to be paranoid and not hang it on anything because it's white so it'll get dirty and show! It'll turn into a black bear before I know it and it won't be soft anymore (´∩`。)

Tag

Sumikko Gurashi ID Pass

When Flo showed me on FB that she got me, I was like fgnaknet2y3095pjotgjnlsbgs. This  was the one item that I really wanted because, look how awesome it is! In fact, it's so awesome that Flo and her sister picked one up for themselves! So all three of us are matching should we ever take public transit together. 

Back

Japan is really good at making genius items, like this ID pass. It's not like the ones you find in North American, where it's just a pass holder, no. They include a strap and not only a strap, but an EXTENDABLE strap so you can hook it onto your handbag, pants, neck, whatever and it can be EXTENDED so you don't have to fiddle around or rifle through your handbag that seemed to suddenly become bottomless and then get it scanned and look like a complete idiot. Instead, you can breeze by and look like you're organized and flawless.

Tag, omg Pork Cutlet sandwich!

Pencil Case

I loooove this pencil case, it's so freakin' amazing. Although there's a lot happening on the case, it doesn't look like it's all over the place. It has a nice balance between crowded and interesting. I don't know if you know what I'm talking about. I also love the fabric badge they added.

Back View

The design on the back is the same as the front with the exception of the badge. I really like the picture of the Penguin/Kappa and Polar Bear reading. Ah, cute things reading. 

Postcards from Japan

Last but not least are the postcards! I love postcards and I try to get one from every place that I've visited. I didn't really see any while I was in Japan so I asked Flo is she could pick one up for me if she saw any. Not only did she do that and get my kawaii shit, but she picked up two! She told me she bought me a traditional Japanese one and a cute one, both are representative of Japan. How sweet is that?!

The paper for the traditional one is different from the cute one. It's...harsher, thicker and the sides are uneven but I really like the feel of it. 


0 comments: