Friday, October 14, 2011

only thing better than muffins are free muffins

I had a client consultation today at work so instead of heading straight to the office, stay for 10 minutes and then go back out again, I went straight to where I was supposed to meet my client. This unfortunately, resulted in me waiting for the bus in the rain for about half an hour. But at least I had my awesome umbrella. It's says, "Merde, il pleut" on the side. ISN'T THAT GENIUS!? It means, "Shit, it's raining" in French.



Mine's blue but not the same shade, it's more navy.


I love seeing people smile or laugh whenever they see my umbrella, at least it makes people smile even though it's crap outside. Not many umbrellas can do that. It's also super sturdy which is perfect since I've had more than my fair share of umbrellas turning inside out the moment a bit of wind comes creeping. Although this brelly was expensive, I see it more as an investment since I've had it for a few months now and it hasn't even threatened to turn inside out. Yay! Anyway, so after the consultation, I went back to the office and 'lo and behold, I spot a box of Tim Hortons muffins! Now, for those of you who don't live in Canada, Tim Hortons is like the (cheap) Starbucks of Canada. There's on a literally every corner. At my campus, there's at least 4 within a 5 minute walk from the business building, which is central of the campus. It's incredibly cheap and delicious. A large coffee is about...$2? I don't honestly know because I don't drink Tim Hortons coffee. What I do know is that a chocolate chip muffin is $1.25 tax in (and we have a 13.5% tax rate). IS THAT NOT CHEAP!? And a bagel with cream cheese is about the same price. So, this box of delicious muffins was opened and there it displayed all it's delicious carby goodness. There was one more chocolate chip left and I naturally nabbed it. I actually nabbed it for Alex and I'm going to try and nab another one. There was one that was covered in fruits and it looked so good. I think it's called fruit explosion or something.



Chocolately goodness beckons you




Fruity goodness beckons you also


I wonder if the fruit explosion muffin is still there. Hopefully, it is. But I feel like such a mooch since I'm going to be grabbing two muffins. I'll check after lunch and if it's still there, I consider free game because it's been there for so long. When I came back from my consultation, I was surprised that there were so many left since work had started about 2 and a half hours ago. I remember last time, there were Tim Hortons wraps left over from a conference the day before and they were all gone within half an hour. Someone even took mine! I had put it on top of my lunch container and someone took it! Vultures.


That's how I look like when people steal my dibsed free food. Except not as furry.


But I guess when it comes to free food, all's fair in food and war. On a totally unrelated note. Why is the font to my blog so close together? Does anyone know how to fix this??
This entry was posted in

0 comments: