Sunday, March 17, 2013

new job means new clothes!

As you know, I got a new job and I start on Monday, March 18th. But because it's at an upscale hotel/apartment, I needed the proper clothes. I only have one suit and maybe two nice tops and one extra blazer, definitely not enough clothes for a full-time job at a fancy complex. You know what that means!

SHOPPING!


Yay!

I went on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. After all that, I only ended up buying 4 things. But I decided I shouldn't buy so many formal clothes yet since I still have a 3 month probation (which I fully intend to pass but past experience told me that there is injustice in the world so you never know).

The first thing I bought was the Michael Kors Sequin Flats in black. I have a pair of black flats right now but they're totally falling apart, the toe is coming off and it looked like it had been trampled by a herd of horses, definitely not presentable.

Michael Kors Sequin Flats

Close Up

Back View


They're super comfortable and they look really cute. They're black so they're easy to match with any outfit. The reason I didn't get heels is because I might be walking around a lot on some days so a pair of comfy flats is a must.

Black Top.

I had purchased this the same day I bought the flats, on Tuesday. It was really cute and it slimmed me down (being black). Easy to pair with so it came home with me.

Back View

It's pinched in the back! Really cute, with a little spin off of a typical black shirt. Fabric is really light and thin so I'll need to wear a camisole under. 

BCBG

Sorry for the crooked picture, clearly I don't know how t take photos properly. I hadn't planned on getting this shirt. I saw it the first time I went to BCBG with my mom on Tuesday but it was very expensive so I left it there despite ogling it. But when we went to the BCBG downtown on Wednesday, after I signed my papers at my new job, my mom spotted it in the sales rack. It was 40% off! After I made sure it looked good on me, I went to pay for it.

It turns out, it wasn't supposed to be on sale, someone marked it down incorrectly but they had to give it to me at the reduced price anyway so I was happy!

Details near the sleeve

Back View

I also bought a pair of black dress pants but I couldn't get a good picture of it no matter how I tried to photograph it. I took the stock photos from BCBG so you can have an idea of what it looks like. It's called the James Cropped Trouser, so British.

Front


Back

I have a formal tops and dress pants from my stints in business school so hopefully it should last me and I won't have to wear the same thing twice a week or something, how embarrassing would that be (#/。\#)

I'm excited to start work tomorrow! I hope it goes well and that it won't be too difficult. It sounds a bit too good to be true and you know what they say about that; it usually is. I hope this will be the exception.

I also heard rumours about Google Friend Connect being shut down? I have yet to find an official announcement from Google so I hope it's not true but if it is the case, please follow me on bloglovin' instead and of course I will follow all my readers back 。◕‿◕。

I also want to let my readers know that I won't be able to post as often as I did when I wasn't working (which wasn't that often anyway). Hopefully, I'll still have time to post once a week but taking photographs will be the biggest challenge since it's usually getting dark by the time I get home and I like taking pictures with natural sunlight. If I disappear for a week or two, it's not because I don't want to post it's because I don't have time! I also have my CMA exam to prepare for so that, combined with work and my personal life means I have way less time to blog.


So naturally, I also won't have as much to read my subscribed blogs o(╥﹏╥)o I'll try my best to read and comment on everyone's blog but don't be surprised if I miss a few of your posts. 

Last but not least, we found a name for No Name! Alex suggested Oreo and it had been almost a week at that point so we decided to christen him Oreo!

Hi Oreo!

It seemed everyone told me that they thought of Oreo but didn't suggest it because it was too obvious. It would've saved us a lot of time if people did!

Bailey & Oreo

Oreo bit me the other day and he actually drew blood. I was more surprised that he bit so hard than the fact it hurt. He isn't very nice and he doesn't like the cuddled but we do it anyway so that he can get used to being handled. Bailey on the other hand, loves it and he's so sweet. He'll start purring if we pet him while we're holding him. Oreo just likes to eat. He only sits still when we place food in front of him. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The basic trick is to resist the temptation of investing, and sticking with the
schedule of repayment of expenses. Get a debt consolidation Loan today
and you can put your life and finances back in control.


My web-site: debt reduction services