Friday, April 27, 2012

birthday shopping

Today is my birthday and but my family and I kind of celebrated it yesterday instead. My brother and sister had their lifeguard courses tonight and it doesn't end until 10 PM so my mom decided to have cake last night. But tomorrow, we're going to Toronto to celebrate it "properly." Unfortunately, my sister can't come because she has too much school work, so it still won't feel complete :(


Imagine having a cake like this?

I had a lunch date with my Godparents this afternoon but I went shopping before our lunch with my mom. My mom is really happy that I have a bit more free time now since during the semester, I hardly have time to do anything with her. We like to have lunch together and go shopping every once in a while. Within the past three weeks, we went shopping twice XD.

My mom and I went to look for a new pair shoes for Alex's cousin's wedding. We checked a bunch of shoes stores but none of them had anything interesting. We ended up in BCBG again and sure enough, I found my shoes! I tried on a few pairs of heels that I don't know how to walk in, but in my defense, they made me look great and so much taller! It's always an issue with me since I'm Asian and short. Alex makes fun of me by saying that even with heels, he's much taller than me! But with these shoes, he can't make fun of me so much!





This was the first one I tried on, and it looked alright. I tried to get something that would work with all my other dresses and clothes but it's a bit hard to coordinate all my clothes with these heels. I also didn't like the strap that held onto to your ankle, it didn't feel secure enough, although that could've been a size issue.




Next is this one! I liked this one since there is a bit of gold incorporated with the black heels so it's not as boring as a full black one. This one didn't look good on me at all. Also, the strap that held onto the back of my ankles was really annoying.




This is the one that I chose! I really like this one and it was actually the first one I tried on, but I didn't want to spoil the surprise :). It looked awesome on me and it fit quite nicely. Even though I couldn't walk in them (or any of the other ones), I decided that I should finally get a pair of nice heels. I have one pair of "business" heels that I wear to every business function that go to but they were really cheap and extremely uncomfortable even though I've worn them so many times. I think they're the type of heels that you never really break into them. I also have another pair of heels that I wear to just about every fancy occasion. I like those ones but it's nice to change it up a bit every once in a while.

My mom and I had lunch with my Godparents at Scarolie's, an amazing Italian restaurant near the mall that we went to. I've been to this restaurant several and each time, I always get a new type of pasta and each time, it doesn't disappoint! Even their salads looked amazing! I shared the Giovanni Pappadelle with my mom, which had sundried tomatoes, shallots, Italian bacon (I forgot the real name of it), portebello mushrooms, white wine...and something else. It was delicious! I didn't take a picture of it though :(.



That was pretty much my day, pretty uneventful but I still really enjoyed myself. I wanted to take a picture of my new shoes and some of my kawaii but when I got home, it was already getting dark (the weather is crap again and I had some errands to run). I'm going to give Obi a brushing now since he hasn't been brushed in a few days. I feel a little bad doing it, since he hates to be brushed and he always makes a fuss whenever you try to brush him, but the little pain in the ass always ends up falling asleep as you're brushing him! I think he just likes to make a big deal out of nothings, the little drama llama.


Don't brush me!

0 comments: